What is Rotary
* An organization of business and professional persons united worldwide who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations and help build good will and peace in the world.
* Over 1200,000 service-minded persons belongaing to more than 32,000 clubs in more than 168 countries.
* Each Rotary club meets weekly so that members may enjoy each others fellowship and discuss the club's service goals. Membership is by invitation and is on the basis of one representative of each business, profession and institution, a classification system that ensures a wide corss sectino of community representation.
To be invited, you must be:
- A leading representative of your business or professional activity
- Willing to help and participate in projects that enhance your community
- Willing to work on projects that help people in developing countries and
promote international understanding and goodwill
Why Join Rotary? Membership in Rotary offers a number of benefits, including:
1. Effecting change within the
2. Developing leadership skills while having fun
3. Gaining an understanding of and having an impact on local and international humanitarian issues
4. Developing relationships with community and business leaders