Transform Our Community
Rotary Club of Boise members support local efforts with funding and labor including:
- Community Service Projects – Such as Rake Up Boise, Paint the Town, Dinner Service at Boise Rescue Mission River of Life Men’s Shelter, Holiday Parties with City Light Home for Women and Children, Salvation Army Holiday Bell Ringing, YMCA Camp Cleanup
- The Greater Boise Rotary Foundation – Combining the contributions of Rotarians from across the Treasure Valley to support community organizations
- Tree Plantings – Having planted and maintained seedlings at Deerflat National Wildlife Refuge, in the Hulls Gulch and Hyatt Hidden Lakes Reserve areas of Boise, and in partnership with other area clubs and the City of Boise Department of Parks and Recreation on the future Willow Lane Peace Habitat Project along the Boise River. We are a tree planting club! Under Rotary International’s seventh area of focus: Serving the Environment, we have recently won a district Super Earth Stewardship Award. We plant a tree in honor of each of our weekly speakers to show our thanks
This year the Rotary Club of Boise partnered with the YMCA to provide financial assistance to disadvantaged youth to be able to participate in programs provided by the YMCA. In collaboration with a District Grant, the Rotary Club of Boise was...
On Saturday, Oct 21th, 2023 members of the Rotary Club of Boise joined forces with Idaho Public Television and other Rotarians in the area to continue developing 18 acres along the Boise River near the Willow Lane Athletic Complex into a nature and peace...
Rake Up Boise 2023. Our club showed up in numbers and spirit. Our motto is 'making friends and building community'. We had a chance to spread one smile at a time. We were able to rake up about 100 bags of leaves.
When/Time: Sat, Sep 23, 8-10am. Opt. brunch at Caffeina Where: Willow Lanes Athletic Complex, 4623 W Willow Lane, 83703, near the boat ramp Information: All ages welcome. We will be cutting, weeding, picking up litter, and protecting trees. Activities involve...
Rotary Club of Boise recently presented Life's Kitchen Executive Director Tammy Johnson with a $1,510 check from Community Service Chair Fred Reed to pay for a new air curtain that will greatly improve heating and cooling efficiency in their kitchen. Life's Kitchen...
On May 13, members of the Rotary Club of Boise continued our long standing tradition of trimming and weeding and planting new flowers at the Zoo Boise butterfly exhibit. The butterflies will be back in their newly refurbished home by June 1st. Come see our...
Saturday, April 15 – 9AM We will be removing remaining wood chips and laying landscaping fabric. Bring steel rakes and wheelbarrows, if you have them. Contact: Fred Reed – 208-631-0227
On Feb 25th, members of the Rotary Club of Boise joined with Rotarians from Nampa and other Boise area clubs to continue our work developing 18 acres along the Boise River near the Willow Lane Athletic Complex into a nature and peace preserve. This event focused on...
On Jan. 19th over two pallets of donated Amazon merchandise were sorted into categories for stocking at the Astegos Community Warehouse in Garden City on January 19th. These goods are now available for teachers, schools, churches, and other non profits in our...
Volunteers from Rotary Club of Boise played the Spot It game with 2nd graders at Whitney Elementary and received the holiday spirit in return. Each second grader took home a new Spot It game purchased by Rotary to play with their family over the holiday break.
Our club relishes opportunities to engage with youth and advance the interests of young people in our community and beyond. To that end, we participate in a number of youth-oriented programs, including:
- Rotary Youth Exchange – Nominating Idaho high school students each year for long-term foreign exchange and hosting a student from abroad as part of our district program which each year supports teams of “inbound” and “outbound” students–15 to 20 students each–giving students, club members, and communities a chance to learn about a new culture and share our own.
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards – Participating with clubs across our district to produce an intensive leadership experience where teens develop their skills as leaders while having fun and making connections
- Rotary Students of the Month – Seeking monthly nominations from area high school counselors for students to receive special recognition for leadership, service, and/or academics, and invite that students, their family and favorite educators to join us and be recognized
- Rotary Century Scholars – Recognizing outstanding students from across the top 100 graduating seniors across the Treasure Valle each spring, along with those they’ve named as their significant educators
Students going on exchange for the 2020-21 school year now have access to our club applications! We will select our Rotary District outbound team in November 2019.
Support our International Partners
Our club regularly engages in service opportunities with partner clubs around the world to fulfil needs they’ve identified in their communities, including:
- Engaging in economic development projects in Sierra Leone with Village Hope
- Fighting malnutrition and poverty in Guatemala program Semilla Nueva
- Supporting entrepreneurship with micro-finance programs with various Rotary partner clubs in Ecuador
- Providing clean drinking water in San Jacinto, Ecuador, to help three different communities
- Providing school supplies to needy students in Mexico
The Rotary Club of Boise has more than a million reasons to celebrate! In February, members gathered at the Hillcrest Country Club for a celebratory affair recognizing milestones in giving and the Rotarians who made it possible. Special guests from the Rotary...
Todd Fischer urges all club members to join the Polio Plus Society.
Encourage good will and better friendships
- With weekly meetings featuring excellent educational programs and opportunities to engage with community leaders
- Welcoming guests to any meeting or event
- Combining service with fellowship in our extracurricular activities
- Supporting humor and camaraderie as core values
Together, with the more than 1.2 million members in 35,000 clubs worldwide, we are dedicated to eradicating the scourge of polio, raising funds from our members to support Polio Plus and the global effort to rid the world of this disease.
Become a Rotary Member
Get in Touch
Have a question about our Rotary Club? Want more information on an upcoming event? Fill out this form and let us know how we can help. We are here for our members and anyone interested in the mission and vision of Rotary.