Transform Our Community
Rotary Club of Boise members support local efforts with funding and labor including:
- Community Service Projects – Such as Rake Up Boise, Paint the Town, Dinner Service at Boise Rescue Mission River of Life Men’s Shelter, Holiday Parties with City Light Home for Women and Children, Salvation Army Holiday Bell Ringing, YMCA Camp Cleanup
- The Greater Boise Rotary Foundation – Combining the contributions of Rotarians from across the Treasure Valley to support community organizations
- Tree Plantings – Having planted and maintained seedlings at Deerflat National Wildlife Refuge, in the Hulls Gulch and Hyatt Hidden Lakes Reserve areas of Boise, and in partnership with other area clubs and the City of Boise Department of Parks and Recreation on the future Willow Lane Peace Habitat Project along the Boise River. We are a tree planting club! Under Rotary International’s seventh area of focus: Serving the Environment, we have recently won a district Super Earth Stewardship Award. We plant a tree in honor of each of our weekly speakers to show our thanks
https://vimeo.com/553818549 This weekend Kristin Gnojweski, Boise City Parks & Recreation, taught us about Houndstongue. (It's the perfect time to pull this noxious weed). We learn so much whenever we go to the Rotary Wetland Peace Preserve!
Get out from in front of that zoom screen and PLANT PEACE!
Our club relishes opportunities to engage with youth and advance the interests of young people in our community and beyond. To that end, we participate in a number of youth-oriented programs, including:
- Rotary Youth Exchange – Nominating Idaho high school students each year for long-term foreign exchange and hosting a student from abroad as part of our district program which each year supports teams of “inbound” and “outbound” students–15 to 20 students each–giving students, club members, and communities a chance to learn about a new culture and share our own.
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards – Participating with clubs across our district to produce an intensive leadership experience where teens develop their skills as leaders while having fun and making connections
- Rotary Students of the Month – Seeking monthly nominations from area high school counselors for students to receive special recognition for leadership, service, and/or academics, and invite that students, their family and favorite educators to join us and be recognized
- Rotary Century Scholars – Recognizing outstanding students from across the top 100 graduating seniors across the Treasure Valle each spring, along with those they’ve named as their significant educators
Students going on exchange for the 2020-21 school year now have access to our club applications! We will select our Rotary District outbound team in November 2019.
Support our International Partners
Our club regularly engages in service opportunities with partner clubs around the world to fulfil needs they’ve identified in their communities, including:
- Engaging in economic development projects in Sierra Leone with Village Hope
- Fighting malnutrition and poverty in Guatemala program Semilla Nueva
- Supporting entrepreneurship with micro-finance programs with various Rotary partner clubs in Ecuador
- Providing clean drinking water in San Jacinto, Ecuador, to help three different communities
- Providing school supplies to needy students in Mexico
Encourage good will and better friendships
- With weekly meetings featuring excellent educational programs and opportunities to engage with community leaders
- Welcoming guests to any meeting or event
- Combining service with fellowship in our extracurricular activities
- Supporting humor and camaraderie as core values
Together, with the more than 1.2 million members in 35,000 clubs worldwide, we are dedicated to eradicating the scourge of polio, raising funds from our members to support Polio Plus and the global effort to rid the world of this disease.
Get in Touch
Have a question about our Rotary Club? Want more information on an upcoming event? Fill out this form and let us know how we can help. We are here for our members and anyone interested in the mission and vision of Rotary.