The Rotary Club of Boise has more than a million reasons to celebrate! In February, members gathered at the Hillcrest Country Club for a celebratory affair recognizing milestones in giving and the Rotarians who made it possible.
Special guests from the Rotary Foundation, Eric Thompson, Major Gifts Officer, and Steve Lewis, Zone 27 Major Gift Advisor, travelled from out of state join the celebration. District 5400 dignitaries also attended, including District Governor Janice Fulkerson, District Governor Elect Marie Baker, Assistant Governor Robert Pearson, District Trainer Lorrie Apel, and several past District Governors.
Throughout the evening, Rotarians recognized and applauded several achievements by the Rotary Club of Boise:
- $1,000,000 to the Rotary Foundation: The Rotary Club of Boise has collected donations to the Rotary Foundation totaling $1,304,339.
- Paul Harris Fellows: The Boise Club recognized 10 new Paul Harris Fellows, a PH+4, and two PH+7.
- 100% Paul Harris Fellow Club: District Governor Janice Fulkerson announced that every dues-paying member of the Rotary Club of Boise is a Paul Harris Fellow and presented the 100% Paul Harris Fellow Club banner. This one-time recognition was made possible under the leadership of Club President Todd Fischer.
- Major Donor: The Rotary Club of Boise recognized another major donor with cumulative donations reaching $10,000.
- Bequest Society +2: Thanks to the continued generosity of one of its many Bequest Society members, the Rotary Club of Boise honored a member with the Bequest Society +2.
- Arch Klumph Society: Eric Thompson and Steve Lewis shared the significance of the Arch Klumph Society—the highest tier of donors who have contributed $250,000 or more during their lifetime to the Rotary Foundation. Todd Fischer, Rotary Club of Boise President, and his wife Karry were invited to the stage for the distinct recognition as Arch Klumph Society members. President Todd shared how he fell in love with the Foundation and the “Magic of Rotary.” President Todd and Karry will be inducted into the Arch Klumph Society at a ceremony in May during the Rotary International Convention in Melbourne, Australia.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: To conclude the celebration, Jim Steele, a dedicated Rotarian for over 50 years, was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award. Pleasantly surprised by family members and a standing ovation, Jim humbly accepted this award for his lifetime of service to Rotary our community.
This joyous and memorable celebration concluded with the Rotary Club of Boise motto: “Making friends, building community.”